Wavinya Ndeti Biography, Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Career: Wavinya Ndeti was born on 8 November 1967 in Machakos, Kenya. She is a Kenyan politician and a businesswoman who is serving as the 2nd Governor of Machakos County. Ndeti presently is the Governor of Machakos County. Wavinya previously served as a Member of Parliament for the Kathiani Constituency in the 10th Kenyan parliament and as an assistant minister in the ministry of youth affairs and sport from 2008 to 2013.
Ndeti was the first woman to be elected as a member of parliament in Machakos County since independence. Wavinya was a CCU candidate in 2013 and a WDM-K candidate in 2017 for Machakos Governor.
Wavinya Ndeti Biography, Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Career
|Nickname||Osa Vinya na Wavinya|
|Date of Birth||8 November 1967|
|Birth Palace||Machakos, Kenya|
|Profession||Politician and A Business Woman|
|Present||Governor of Machakos County|
|Political party||Chama Cha Uzalendo (2007–2017)
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
Who is Wavinya Ndeti?
Wavinya Ndeti was born on 8 November 1967 in Machakos, Kenya. She is a Kenyan politician and a businesswoman who is serving as the 2nd Governor of Machakos County. Ndeti presently is the Governor of Machakos County. More details about Wavinya Ndeti Biography are given below.
Education Background of Wavinya Ndeti
- M.Sc Business Administration from Heriot-Watt University in the UK.
- M.Sc Business Systems Analysis and Design from The City University London.
- B.Sc in Computer Science from South Bank University UK.
- Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education from The Kenya High School.
- Advanced Diploma Business Systems Analysis and Design from Computer Training Center UK.
- Graduate Diploma in Computer Studies from South Bank University -UK.
- Diploma in Business Systems Analysis and Design from Computer Training Center.
- Certificate of Primary Education from Mount St. Mary’s Primary School.
Wavinya Ndeti started their political career in 2007 contesting and being elected MP for the Kathiani Constituency under Chama Cha Uzalendo. Ndeti had previously participated in the ODM-Kenya primaries, which Wavinya claimed were rigged in favor of incumbent legislator Peter Kyalo Kaindi, forcing her to switch to Chama Cha Uzalendo. She eventually won a landslide victory, garnering 28178 votes against Kaindi’s 9,813. In winning the seat, Wavinya became the only woman to have represented the constituency in Parliament since independence.
Wavinya was appointed to a grand coalition government as a Co-assistant Minister for Youth and Sports under Helen Sambili.
Achievements of Wavinya Ndeti
- Wavinya was voted the Best Manager on the utilization of Community Development Funds.
- Ndeti was the Pioneer of Computer Training in Primary and Secondary Schools since 1998 (Computer Project for Schools in Kenya).
- Wavinya has facilitated community Development I.e. Building Churches and Schools Water Harvesting, providing power generators to rural schools as well as empowering the youth through intensive training.
- Ndeti has sponsored youth sports tournaments. (Machakos County Women League, Wavinya Ndeti Football Youth Tournament which has been ongoing since 2006).
- Ndeti has helped educate the underprivileged in the Country.
- Wavinya was a Pioneer and sole distributor of Meccer computers from South Africa in Kenya.
- Wavinya Represented Kenya in New York on the role of Parliaments in promoting equal sharing of responsibilities between women and men in 2009.
- Wavinya was the acting Assistant Minister for Youth and Sports.
- In 2010, Wavinya attended the One Hope Global Advisory Meeting with Leaders of the southern-Africa and Eastern-African Countries.
- She was elected the Vice President to represent East Africa Region.
- She also attended a conference on Africa’s Great Women in Decision making in the United Arab Emirates, Dubai.
- Wavinya Ndeti has also overseen the commissioning of over twenty Youth Polytechnics throughout the county.
- Ndeti has also attended the 55th Session of the Commission on the status of Women in New York, USA. A platform that inspired her to stand for Human rights and women’s rights and opportunities.
Social Media Links
We have tried our best to provide details about Wavinya Ndeti Biography. We also keep updating this page timely. If you checking more details about Ndeti, then we will provide them to you in this post.