Silk Smitha Wikipedia, Age, Career, Ethnicity, Biography:- Silk Smitha was an Indian adult actress, model, artist, and stage performer from Eluru in the Andhra Pradesh district of West Godavari. She primarily appeared in South Indian cinema. Her fame stemmed from all of the theatre plays she performed in the movies. She rose to prominence as an erotic actor with her portrayal as “Silk” in the Tamil film Vandichakkaram. She began her career in the cinema entertainment industry as a side actor.
In 1980, she became the sex icon due to her daring movie sequences. She acted in around 450 films and appeared in numerous languages, including Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, and Hindi. Because she was dissatisfied with her life, she committed suicide and was discovered dead in her Chennai flat on September 23, 1996. Her sensual performance in films like “Layanam”, “Reshma Ki Jawani”, “Moondram Pirai”, “Vayal”, “Sheetakoka Chiluka”, “Theerpu” and “Ranga” catapulted her career to new heights.
Silk Smitha Wikipedia, Age, Career, Biography, Ethnicity, Boyfriend, Height, Wiki, Net Worth
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1960|
|Age||35 year old (Died)|
|Birth Place||Kovvali, Denduluru Mandal, Eluru, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Husband Name||Not Known|
Who Was Silk Smitha?
Silk Smitha was an Indian cinema actress who primarily appeared in South Indian films. She rose to prominence after starring as ‘Silk’ in the Tamil film “Vandichakkaram” (1979). She was well-known for her daring and beautiful parts in South Indian cinema.
Silk Smitha Age, Biography, Early Life
Smitha was born on December 2, 1960, in the hamlet of Kovvali, Denduluru Mandal, Eluru, Andhra Pradesh, India. She was 35 years old at the time of her death. Her astrological sign is Sagittarius. She finished fourth grade and then dropped out owing to financial restrictions in her household. Her parents married her off at a young age. However, she was abused by her husband and in-laws and left the marriage when she was 14 years old. Smitha has always aspired to be an actor. Smitha relocated to Madras (now Chennai) shortly after leaving her husband’s residence and took work as a make-up artist.
Silk Smitha began her work as a make-up artist for actors. She soon obtained a tiny part in a film. Silk began her acting career with minor roles in Malayalam films such as “Pushyaraagam”, “Saraswatheeyaamam”, “Ivar”, and “Angadi”. With the film “Inaye Thedi” (1981), she made her Malayalam film debut as a lead actress. The film was shot in 1979, but it was not released until long later. Anthony Eastman, the film’s director, was so taken with her appearance that he gave her the name Smitha. She then made her Tamil debut in Vinu Chakravarthy’s film “Vandichakkaram” (1980), playing the character ‘Silk.’ The film was a big success and earned her accolades. After the film’s release, Smitha added the name ‘Silk’ to her screen name, becoming ‘Silk Smitha.’
She soon found herself playing cabaret dancers and vamps. She went on to work in several well-known Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, and Hindi films. Her seductive dance sequences and daring performances in films like “Moondru Mugam” (1982) cemented her place as the supreme emblem of sensuality in South Indian cinema. “Sakalakala Vallavan” (1982), “Moondram Pirai” (1982), “Paayum Puli” (1983), and “Thanga Magan” (1983) are some of her well-known films. Smitha has appeared in films like “Pataal Bhairavi” (1985), “Lady Tarzan” (1990), “Drohi” (1992), and “Reshma Ki Jawani” (1996).
Death Cause of Silk Smitha
Smitha called her friend Anuradha on the night of September 22, 1996, after a movie shoot, to address a severe matter that was bothering her. She was discovered dead by hanging in her hotel room later that morning. Smitha may have died by suicide owing to excess alcohol detected in her body, it was stated a few months after her death. The cops also found a suicide letter from her that could not be read. Her death is still a mystery to this day.
Silk Smitha Husband, Boyfriend
Smitha’s parents married her off when she was quite young. She was, however, dissatisfied with the treatment she received from her husband and in-laws and fled their house. Her husband’s identity is unknown. There were later reports about Rajinikanth and Silk Smitha having an affair. She was also speculated to be dating Tamil actor, writer, and director Vinu Chakravarthy.
Her net worth is not known.
- She was often in the news for her alluring physique.
- She was an introverted youngster who disliked making new acquaintances rapidly.
- Her main roles have been softcore, which is centered on a similar subject.
- She also portrayed a freakishly powerful agent in tight bikinis who beat up enormous gangsters.
- She is also known for wowing reviewers and audiences in non-sexual roles.
- Among her most admired films was Moondram Pirai, which was recreated as Sadma.
- She contacted her friend Anuradha before committing suicide to explain the issue that was bothering her.
- Smitha Silk Figure, Height, and Weight
- She was just 35 when she committed herself due to familial pressure.
- Her death was caused by alcohol consumption.
- She also appeared in the film “Sadma” alongside Sridevi and Kamal Hassan. Also known as the brave Diva of Bollywood.
- Some cinema reviewers, historians, and journalists dubbed her “Soft Porn” and “Silk” in the business.
- According to her interview, if she weren’t an actor, she would be a makeup artist.
- She was also dubbed the “Bag Girl” of Bollywood.
- “The Dirty Picture,” an Ekta Kapoor film, was based on Smitha’s true life and starred Vidya Balan.
- Pakistani actress Veena Malik also appeared in the 2013 Kannada film “Dirty Picture” to pay respect to Silk. Smitha.
Social Media Handles
Check out Silk Smitha’s Wikipedia in this article.