Manoj Sharma IPS Biography, Wikipedia, Age, Wife, Net Worth: Manoj Kumar Sharma is a Maharashtra cadre Indian Police Service (IPS) officer from the 2005 batch. He rose to prominence following the October 2023 release of the biopic 12th Fail about his struggle to become an IPS officer.
Manoj failed his 12th board test, but he did not give up and, with hard effort and battle, he was able to pass India’s highest exam, UPSC. Let us also mention that a novel based on his life, 12th Fail, has been published by Anurag Pathak. A film is also being created about this. The film’s title is also 12th Fail.
Manoj Sharma IPS Biography, Wikipedia, Age, Wife, Family, Posting
|Manoj Kumar Sharma
|49 year Old
|July 3, 1975
|Bilgaon Chaudhar, Morena, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Shraddha Joshi Sharma
|5 Feet 9 Inches(Approx)
|INR 3 crore
Who is Manoj Sharma
Manoj Kumar Sharma, an Indian Police Service officer, exemplifies a pure and unshakeable character. Manoj Sharma IPS was born in a small hamlet in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. He also failed his 12th grade and other major exams. Instead of discouraging him, this setback fueled his desire to establish his value. He worked extensively to provide for himself and his family, sometimes performing odd jobs such as driving a tempo. Manoj Sharma aspired to join the Indian Police Service (IPS). Manoj Kumar Sharma’s perseverance eventually paid off after three failed tries. He earned All India Rank (AIR) 121 in the UPSC Civil Services Examination on his fourth try.
Manoj Sharma IPS Age, Early Life, Biography, Wikipedia, Education
Manoj Kumar Sharma was born on July 3, 1975, in the hamlet of Bilgaon Chaudhary in Morena, Madhya Pradesh, India. His father, Ramveer Sharma, worked for the Madhya Pradesh government’s Agriculture Department. He has two siblings: a brother and a sister. There isn’t much information available about his family. She completed her graduation in Madhya Pradesh before enrolling at the Maharani Lakshmi Bai National College of Excellence, where she completed her diploma. He went on to get a Master of Arts in History. In terms of morals, he also has Ramayana. While studying for the UPSC test, he raised his finger. His dedication to education, on the other hand, remained constant. Even though he suffered difficulties, such as failing the 12th-grade exam, these obstacles fueled his resolve rather than dampened it.
Sharma, an IPS officer, has held a variety of positions in Maharashtra. During his stint as Superintendent of Police (SP) of Kolhapur, he played a significant role in preserving peace and order by resolving protests against unlawful toll collecting on roads as well as sugarcane price increases. He has also taken part in various anti-Naxal operations in Gadchiroli, Chandrapur, Gondia, Yavatmal, Bhandara, and Nanded.
During the unrest in Maharashtra in 2015 following the assassination of Communist Party of India (CPI) member Govind Pansare, he was instrumental in bringing the situation under control. Manoj Kumar Sharma was thereafter assigned as the Central Industrial Deputy Inspector General in the Security Force. He was thereafter assigned as Additional Commissioner of Police (ACP) in Mumbai.
Manoj Sharma Husband
Manoj Sharma fell in love with Shraddha Joshi while studying for the UPSC. He further said that Shraddha constantly encouraged him to study for the UPSC Civil Services exams and backed him despite her family’s severe objections. His wife, Shraddha Joshi Sharma, works for the Indian Revenue Service (IRS). The pair married on December 5, 2005. They have two children: Manas Sharma, a son, and Chia, a girl.
Manoj Sharma IPS Journey
Manoj Sharma, undeterred by his academic failure, embarked on a mission of self-improvement. He worked odd jobs like driving tempo taxis to support himself and his family while also continuing his schooling. Manoj enrolled in coaching programs and sought advice from seasoned gurus, anxious to establish his values and achieve his objectives. He continued to work in the library despite the poor wages and to study.
Sharma has been fascinated with clearing the UPSC test since moving to Delhi. Manoj Sharma cleared the UPSC test in 2005 and joined the Indian Police Service (IPS) with a strong desire to serve the country and make a good influence. The UPSC Civil Services Examination was incredibly difficult, but IPS Manoj Kumar Sharma was courageous. He strengthened his resolve by reading inspirational tales of those who overcome difficulties to attain achievement.
His net worth is around Rs 3 crores.
- Manoj Kumar Sharma is a Maharashtra cadre IPS officer from the 2005 batch.
- In October 2023, the film 12th Fail, based on his real-life tribulations, brought him back into the spotlight.
- He was born in Madhya Pradesh to a lower-middle-class Hindu family.
- His family, he claimed, was so impoverished that they couldn’t afford to put a roof over their heads. As a result, Manoj spent several nights sleeping on the streets among the homeless.
- Manoj’s academic performance was poor when he was in school. He received third place in both classes 9 and 10. He once claimed to have gotten a third division in class 11 by cheating on tests.
- Manoj failed his 12th grade. He stated in an interview that he was only able to pass Hindi out of all courses since a new Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) was appointed in Morena, Madhya Pradesh.
- To study for the tests, he relocated to New Delhi and resided in Mukherjee Nagar.
- After some time in Delhi, he contacted Vikas Divyakirti, the founder of Drishti IAS. Vikas volunteered to teach him CSE without charging him anything.
- Manoj passed the preliminary examination on his first try, however, he did not pass the final examination.
- His performance dropped in his second and third tries since he did not pass the CSE preparatory examination.
- He then enrolled at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVPNPA) in Hyderabad, Telangana. He received his police training there.
- Manoj Kumar Sharma was appointed as an IPS officer on August 22, 2005, after finishing his training.
Social Media Handle
Check our latest article about Manoj Sharma’s IPS Biography. Read a more interesting article on this site