Douglas Kirocho Kanja Biography, Wiki, Net Worth:- Douglas Kirocho Kanja has been appointed as the Kenya Police Service’s next Deputy Inspector-General. Mr. Kirocho, who has been the Commandant of the General Service Unit (GSU), succeeds Edward Mbugua, who retired from the Service in March. The new Commandant GSU will be Eliud Kipkoech Lagat, the Director in Charge of Investigations at the Directorate of Criminal Investigations. President William Ruto also named Bruno Shioso as Director-General of the Kenya Coast Guard Service in a Gazette Notice issued on Wednesday.
He will be a member of the marine force for four years. Meanwhile, Gideon Munga Nyale, the Police Service’s Director of Operations, has been promoted to Commandant of the Kiganjo Police Training Institute. Ranson Lolmodoni was also appointed as the Police Service’s Director of Operations as a result of the changes.
Douglas Kirocho Kanja Biography, Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Wife, Wikipedia
|Name||Douglas Kirocho Kanja|
|Date of Birth||1973|
|Age||50 year old|
|Wife Name||Not known|
|Mother Name||Not known|
|Height||6.0 Feet (Approx)|
|Height||85 kg (Approx)|
Who is Douglas Kirocho Kanja
Douglas Kirocho Kanja is Kenya’s new Deputy Inspector General of Police. Kanja’s appointment, who has over three decades of police experience, was announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta in March 2023. Kanja succeeds Edward Mbugua, who withdrew from the force after reaching the required retirement age.
Douglas Kirocho Kanja Age
His date of birth is not known yet. But according to some sources, his age is 50 years old.
Kanja entered the police service as a constable in 1988 and advanced through the ranks to become a senior officer. He has worked as the Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Commandant of the Anti-Terrorism Police Unit (ATPU), and Director of Operations for the National Police Service (NPS). He has previously served in the Nairobi, Coast, Eastern, and Rift Valley areas of the country. During his stint as DCI, Kanja was noteworthy for dismantling various criminal syndicates involved in organized crime, including drug trafficking and money laundering. He was also in charge of the arrest and prosecution of several high-profile criminals, including politicians and businessmen, accused of corruption and economic crimes.
Douglas Kirocho Kanja Wikipedia
The general population has also shown enthusiasm for Kanja’s selection. Many Kenyans are hopeful that he will address some of the issues confronting the police force, such as corruption, impunity, and a lack of accountability. They anticipate Kanja to provide excellent leadership and guidance to the police force while also working to improve its performance.
Kanja, on the other hand, confronts several challenges as he begins his new job. One of the most significant issues is the police force’s lack of money and equipment. The police force has been dealing with a paucity of cars, firearms, and other necessary equipment, which has limited its capacity to carry out its tasks properly. Kanja will need to collaborate with the government to ensure that the police force is adequately resourced to carry out its tasks.
Kanja also confronts the difficulty of improving police-community relations. The police have been chastised for their heavy-handed style in dealing with the people, which has resulted in strained relations between the police and the population. Kanja will need to concentrate on increasing trust and confidence between the police and the public by fostering community policing and ensuring that the police respect the public’s rights.
Douglas Kirocho’s Relationship Status, Wife
If we talk about his material status then it’s married. His wife’s name is not known yet also currently we have shot information about his child.
His Net Worth is more than 700k USD.
Deputy Inspector General Appointed Douglas Kirocho Kanja Wiki
Kanja’s nomination has been welcomed by a wide range of stakeholders, including the police force, the government, and the general public. Hillary Mutyambai, the Inspector General of Police, hailed the appointment and showed trust in Kanja’s leadership ability. The government, through Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i, lauded Kanja’s appointment, saying it will improve the police force’s ability to deal with security concerns.
- Kanja Kirocho is a senior Kenyan police official who was named Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of the National Police Service in 2021.
- The Deputy Inspector General is appointed for a four-year term that is renewed based on acceptable performance.
- The Deputy Inspector General is accountable to the Inspector General of Police for the general management and administration of Kenya’s National Police Service.
- He has almost 28 years of police experience in Kenya, having joined the force in 1993. He has held a variety of police jobs, including Commandant of the Kenya Police College in Kiganjo.
- The public can interact with Kanja Kirocho through a variety of avenues, including social media platforms, public meetings, and the National Police Service website.
- Kanja Kirocho was named Deputy Inspector General by President Uhuru Kenyatta in May 2021.
- Kirocho has indicated that his priorities include improving the welfare of police officers, increasing professionalism and discipline within the police force, and ensuring that the police service is responsive to the demands of Kenyans.
- He confronts numerous problems in his post, including tackling the issue of police brutality, reducing crime rates in Kenya, increasing public faith in the police force, and ensuring that the police service operates within the law.
Social Media Handle
We covered all information about Douglas Kirocho Kanja’s Biography, Wiki.