Dipika Pallikal Biography, Wiki, Ethnicity, Career, Net Worth:- Dipika Pallikal Karthik is an Indian squash player who became the first from her country to get into the top ten of the PSA Women’s rankings. She accomplished this in 2012. She had won three WISPA titles the previous year: the Orange County Open, the Dread Sports Series 2 event, and the Crocodile Challenge Cup. Pallikal had also advanced to the World Open quarterfinals, which garnered her international notice. She achieved her career-high ranking of 10 in December 2012 as a consequence of these results. That year, she received the ‘Arjuna Award’ from the government. In 2014, she won the gold medal in women’s doubles with Joshna Chinappa at the Commonwealth Games, followed by a bronze medal in women’s singles.
In 2014, she was awarded the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian honor. She was a member of the Indian Women’s team that won a gold medal at the South Asian Games and a silver medal at the Asian Team Championship.
Dipika Pallikal Biography, Age, Ethnicity, Career, Height, Wiki, Husband, Family, Net Worth
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1991|
|Age||32 year old|
|Birth Place||Chennai, India|
|Husband Name||Dinesh Kartick|
|Mother Name||Susan Pallikal|
|Weight||60 kg (Approx)|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million|
Who is Dipika Pallikal?
Dipika Pallikal is a squash player from India. She is the first Indian to be ranked among the top ten in the world by the Professional Squash Association. She is also the wife of Indian cricketer Dinesh Karthik. Dipika began her career promisingly, but she eventually switched to squash. In 2008, she reached the final of the Chennai Open, defeating the first and third seeds along the way. This outstanding player is credited for popularising squash among the Indian populace.
Dipika Pallikal Age, Early Life, Wiki, Education, Biography, Family
Dipika Rebecca Pallikal was born into a Malayali household on September 21, 1991, in Chennai, India. Her parents, Sanjiv and Susan Pallikal are Syrian Christians from the Indian state of Kerala. Reach Management Consultancy is her father’s company. Her mother captained the Indian women’s team while playing international cricket. Interestingly, Dipika, who disliked cricket since it eclipsed most other sports in India, switched to squash instead. Divya and Dia are her two sisters. She attended Good Shepherd School and Lady Andal School before graduating from Ethiraj College in Chennai in the 2012-13 academic year with a degree in English.
Dipika Pallikal competed in her first international event in London while she was in sixth grade. She went on to win multiple European Junior Squash Circuit titles. Dipika joined the India Cements Squash Academy in 2002 and went on to become the National Champion at the age of 11. She made her professional debut in 2006, although her performance was poor at first. However, she had a brief training trip in Egypt in early 2011, which significantly improved her ability to deliver winning performances. She began 2011 ranked 29th and rose to prominence in December after winning three major WISPA tour championships to earn a professional-first-class rating of 17, making her the highest-ranked Indian woman squash player ever, surpassing previous national champion Misha Grewal’s 27th ranking in 1995. Dipika finished eighth in the World Open, propelling her to 14th place in February 2012.
She became the first Indian player to get into the top ten in December 2012. Along the way, she became the first Indian to compete in a silver event’s summit clash, the first to compete in a gold event’s semi-finals, and she helped the Indian squash team finish fifth in the 2012 Women’s World Team Squash Championships.
Dipika Pallikal Husband
Dipika Pallikal and Dinesh Karthik married on August 18, 2015, and August 20, 2015, respectively, in both Christian and Hindu ceremonies. The couple welcomed twin sons, Kabir Pallikal Karthik and Zian Pallikal Karthik, on October 28th, 2021. Dipika Pallikal and Dinesh Karthik adore dogs and have a Labradoodle (Labrador Retriever and Poodle Cross) called Coco Chanel Karthik as a pet. Coco Chanel Karthik also has an Instagram account with over 8k followers.
Dipika is one of the most wealthy and well-known squash players. Her net worth is estimated to be $1.5 million.
- Dipika was born in Kerala to ‘Malayali Christian parents of ‘Syrian’ descent.
- She is the second wife of the Indian cricketer ‘Dinesh Karthik.’
- Her mother used to play international cricket for the Indian women’s team and was also the captain of the squad.
- Dipika has disliked cricket since infancy, believing that it overshadows other sports.
- She began playing squash when she was ten years old.
- She competed in her first International event in London while she was in sixth grade.
- She also competed in the ‘European Junior Squash Circuit’ for U-19 junior squash players, where she won multiple events.
- She became a professional squash player at the age of 15, but she had to wait nearly five years for a better opportunity.
- She traveled to Egypt in 2011 to improve her talents in the same sector, and she began providing stronger performances during that time.
- She won three ‘Women’s International Squash Players Association (WISPA) world tour titles in the same year. The first was in Irvine, California, where she won the Orange County Open; the second was in the United States; and the third was in Hong Kong, where she won the Crocodile Challenge Cup.
- In addition, she has represented India at the ‘World International Doubles Squash Championships.’
Social Media Handles
Check out Dipika Pallikal’s Biography in this article.