Barbara Dana Wiki, Biography, Age, Net Worth:- Barbara Dana is a writer and actor who first appeared on Sesame Street in the Larry and Phyllis sketches in Season 2. Alan Arkin, her then-husband, played Larry. Dana has also appeared in films alongside Arkin, including Inspector Clouseau, Popi, Fire Sale, and The In-Laws. She appeared on stage in Enter Laughing? (with Arkin) and Where’s Daddy? She stopped acting in 1988 and began writing.
She returned to acting after her divorce from Arkin in 1999, with cameo appearances on Law & Order and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, as well as a co-starring part in the feature film Raising Flagg, which released on the art-house circuit in 2007.
Barbara Dana Wiki, Age, Biography, Husband, Career, Net Worth
|Barbara Dana Wiki|
|Full Name||Barbara Dana|
|Birth Date||December 28, 1940|
|Height||5.6 Feet (Approx)|
|Weight||62 kg (Approx)|
|Birth Place||New York, America|
|Father’s Name||Not Known|
|Mother’s Name||Not Known|
|Net Worth||$1 Million|
Who is Barbara Dana
Barbara Dana is an actress, writer, and producer who has worked in the entertainment industry for almost six decades. She is also the ex-wife of Alan Arkin, a well-known actor, director, and singer.
Barbara Dana Age
Barbara Dana was born in New York, on December 28, 1940. Her age is 83 years old as of 2023. She grew up in a Jewish home and attended Manhattan’s High School of Performing Arts. She became interested in performing and writing at an early age and took part in several school plays and literary publications.
Barbara Dana began her professional acting career in the late 1950s. She appeared on The Phil Silvers Show, The Defenders, The Patty Duke Show, and The Fugitive, among other shows. She also appeared in several films, including The Night They Raided Minsky’s (1968), Popi’s (1969), and Simon’s (1980). Barbara Dana pursued her passions for writing and producing in addition to acting. Zucchini (1978), A Voice of Her Own: Becoming Emily Dickinson (1993), and Young Joan (1995) are among her novels for children and young adults.
She also co-wrote and co-produced The Laundromat (1985), an Emmy-nominated television film starring her ex-husband Alan Arkin. Barbara Dana has won numerous honors for her contributions to both professions. She received the Christopher Award for Zucchini, the Parents’ Choice Award for A Voice of Her Own, and the American Library Association Award for Best Young Adult Book for Young Joan. For The Laundromat, she was also nominated for a Writers Guild of America Award.
Barbara Dana Husband
Barbara Dana married Alan Arkin on June 16, 1964. They met while working on the Broadway play Enter Laughing (1963), which was based on Arkin’s autobiographical memoir. They have a son, Anthony Arkin, who is also an actor and filmmaker. The couple also reared Arkin’s two boys from his previous marriage, Adam Arkin and Matthew Arkin, who are both actors. Barbara Dana and Alan Arkin divorced in 1999 after 35 years of marriage. They remained friends and collaborators following their divorce. Barbara Dana has not remarried and now resides in New York City.
Barbara Dana’s net worth is predicted to be $1 million as of 2023. Her acting and writing careers provided the most of her wealth. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends and lives a simple yet comfortable existence.
- She is the ex-stepmother to Alan Arkin’s boys from his first marriage, Adam and Matthew Arkin.
- Barbara is Amelia Campbell’s mother-in-law, and she is married to Anthony Arkin.
- Dana was the step-grandmother of Molly Arkin, Adam Arkin’s first marriage’s daughter.
- Chu Chu and the Philly Flash (1981), a comedy starring Alan Arkin and Carol Burnett, was co-written by her.
- Barbara also created the novel and screenplay for the 1988 television film Necessary Parties, starring Alan Arkin and Dianne Wiest.
- Barbara co-starred with Alan Arkin in many films, including Inspector Clouseau (1968), Popi (1969), Fire Sale (1977), and The In-Laws (1979).
- She earned an Emmy Award for her role as a Lithuanian sailor’s wife in the 1978 television film The Defection of Simas Kudirka.
- A Voice of Her Own: Becoming Emily Dickinson (2009) is a fictitious narrative of the poet’s early life written by Dana.
- She created and directed the short film Samuel Beckett Is Coming Soon (1993), which starred Austin Pendleton as a theatre director awaiting the arrival of the playwright.
- She is friends with Austin Pendleton, who co-starred with her in Mike Nichols’ Broadway play Luv (1964).
- Dana made her Broadway debut in Enter Laughing (1963), a comedy based on Carl Reiner’s novel, and earned a Tony Award for her performance.
- Barbara is a vegan who adores animals.
- She likes Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen.
- Barbara speaks French and Spanish fluently.
- She supports various philanthropic organizations, including UNICEF and Amnesty International.
Social Media Links
In this article, we covered all information about Barbara Dana’s Wiki, including her Biography, Career, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Family, and more details about her personal life covered in this article.