Anupam Roy Biography, Age, Wiki, Net Worth, Career: Anupam Roy is a Kolkata-born Indian singer-songwriter, music director, composer, songwriter, guitarist, and playback vocalist. He made his debut on the soundtrack of the 2010 Bengali film Autograph with Amake Amar Moto Thakte Dao & Benche Thakar Gaan. Since then, he has composed, written lyrics, and sung for several Bengali films.
He made his Bollywood debut in 2015, creating the songs and music for Piku. Roy was nominated for a 61st Filmfare Award for Best Music Director and won for Best Background Score for Piku. He has received four Filmfare Awards and the 64th National Film Award for Best Lyrics for the song Tumi Jaake Bhalobasho.
Anupam Roy Biography, Wiki, Age, Wife, Family, Son, Net Worth
|41 Year Old
|October 17, 1982
|Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Who is Anupam Roy
Anupam Roy is a West Bengal-born Indian singer-songwriter and composer. He is most recognized for his soundtrack work in the 2012 Bengali film ‘Chalo Paltai’, for which he also created the score. He’s also written music for films including ‘Autograph’ (2010), ‘Aparajita Tumi’ (2012), and ‘Angry Young Man’ (2014).
Anupam Roy Age, Early Life, Biography, Wiki, Education
Anupam Roy was born in Kolkata, West Bengal on October 17, 1982. Growing up, he was exposed to music through his parents and elder siblings. His father was a well-known Bengali folk singer who sang at weddings and other special occasions. His mother was also a vocalist and piano teacher. Anupam was also introduced to the works of Rabindranath Tagore, the famous Bengali poet-composer, in addition to these influences. Anupam had already begun playing the guitar and creating his songs by the age of 15.
Anupam Roy is a well-known television and cinema personality and singer who has worked on so many films that this biography would be incomplete without mentioning his songs and shows. So you’ll find information about his songs and initiatives here. Two of his songs were used in Srijit Mukherji’s 2010 Bengali film Autograph. Roy authored and composed Benche Thakar Gaan, which was performed by Rupam Islam and also by himself in another rendition, as well as Amake Amar Moto Thakte Dao, which he also sang.
Anupam Roy later debuted as a music director with the Bengali film Chalo Paltai (2011). In the same year, films such as Baishe Srabon and Rang Milanti were launched, in which he continued to work as a music director, lyricist, and performer. Hemlock Society, on which he served as music director/lyricist/vocalist, was released in 2012. Songs like Ekhon Anek Raat and Amar Mawte took his career to new heights. In 2014, four films in which he served as music director were released. Highway and Chotushkone songs performed exceptionally well on music charts. Roy’s other songs included Boba Tunnel and Bawshonto Eshe Gechhe.
In May 2013, he and his band released their debut English single, Second Sax, as an independent artist. He appeared in his debut Coke Studio (India) episode in 2015. He successfully replicated Lalon Fakir’s Moner Manush with an extra Hindi lyric written and performed by him.
Anupam Roy Wife
Anupam Roy is married to Shreya Chatterjee, an artist, and they have a daughter named Shrijaanvi. He is still writing music for films and television shows, as well as playing live at concerts. He is widely considered one of his generation’s most significant current Bengali musicians.
His net worth is more than INR10-15cr as of 2023.
Some Important Facts
- Roy’s love affair with music began at an early age. His mother, Madhurita, a skilled classical singer, taught him the fundamentals of singing as well as how to play the Tabla.
- He began creating songs and poems in Bangla while still in school.
- Roy excelled academically, earning the gold medal for his Engineering batch (2004) at Jadavpur University in Kolkata. As a consequence, he received several employment offers from reputable firms. Roy picked Texas Instruments India, a Bangalore-based electronics component manufacturing business, and began working as an analog circuit design engineer there.
- Although Roy was doing well professionally, the artist in him yearned to follow a long-dormant goal of being a singer/composer.
- As a result, Roy began exploring ways to accomplish his passion after working for the organization above for 7 years.
- His breakthrough came with the Bengali film Autograph (2010), which included two of Roy’s compositions.
- Roy once composed music for up to eight films at the same time.
Social Media Handle
Check our latest article about Anupam Roy’s Biography. Read a more interesting article on this site